Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ryan Newman: "I don't think anybody lied to me"

   NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Ryan Newman was asked Thursday night about the complaints many fans have had about how he was treated by Stewart-Haas Racing. 

   Newman's contract was not renewed while the organization is adding Kevin Harvick next season and then recently team co-owner Gene Haas announced he and his Haas CNC Racing company would foot the bill to run a fourth Cup car in 2014 with Kurt Busch.

   Newman was asked, "Do you feel like you were lied to?"

   Here was Newman's reponse:

    "I don't think Tony lied to me. I don't think anybody lied to me. I don't have any of that feeling or emotion. I don't think any of that matters because the plans they made are for 2014 and I'm not part of that. I knew that going in," he said.

    "I don't think there were any hidden agendas on Tony's behalf. I had a good relationship with him and been up front with him. My communication has been mostly with him in my whole relationship at Stewart‑Haas Racing. No surprise."

1 comment:

  1. IN MY OPINION, THE PERSONALITIES OF STEWART, NEWMAN, HARVICK AND NOW KURT BUSCH ARE INTERESTINGLY SIMILAR IN AS MUCH AS THEY CAN ALL ACT LIKE JERKS. THAT ISN'T TO SAY SOME OR MOST OF THEM ARE NOT GREAT DRIVERS. BUT AS A FAN I LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LESS CHIP ON THE SHOULDER TYPES. THE OTHER ENTITY FOR STEWART'S TEAM, DANICA PATRICK, IS A NON FACTOR WHO IS MOSTLY A SPONSOR MONEY MACHINE....NOT A GREAT DRIVER.

    ReplyDelete