Thursday, January 3, 2013

Michael Waltrip, Clint Bowyer heading to Rolex 24

Photobucket    Michael Waltrip Racing co-owners Michael Waltrip and Rob Kauffman, MWR NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer and road racing veteran Rui Aguas are entering the Jan. 26-27 Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway.

   The AF Waltrip entry is a joint project of the Italian championship sports car team AF Corse and MWR. AF Waltrip has fielded Ferraris for Waltrip and Kauffman at sports car races since 2010.

    Bowyer is the newest member of the AF Waltrip driver lineup that has included Travis Pastrana and Brian Vickers in previous races.

    “I’m not really sure what I got myself into,” said Bowyer who won three races and finished second in the 2012 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. “Rob asked me to race and I said I would do it. Everyone has told me how much fun this race is. So, I’m ready. Running 24 hours is a long time, but we will give it our best shot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment