Friday, March 13, 2015

Update on A.J. Foyt's condition: 'I'm looking pretty good'

   A.J. Foyt continues to recover from his triple bypass surgery and subsequent complications at home in Houston. Foyt has been more active since his first return to his IndyCar Series race shop in mid-January. 

   “I’m doing a lot better; every day I’m doing a little bit more,” Foyt said. “I’m getting more of my strength back and I’m eating a better than I was when this first happened. I feel with all of the problems I had I’m looking pretty good. 

   "I’ve been on my bulldozer a couple times. Nothing to brag about, I was very weak and very tired but I have done some stuff with it. I probably should keep that quiet because I’m not sure the doctor would enjoy hearing that.” 

   Foyt, who has lost 50 pounds over the winter, does not expect to make it to a race before May as his current treatment keeps him tied to Houston, but he hasn’t ruled out a day trip. 

   “I may sneak out to a test where I can come and go in the same day. But that’s a call I’ll make based on how I feel that day. I think the new cars look pretty nice," he said. "The engineers are going to have their hands full with all of the trick stuff they came up with on the new aero kit. I’m anxious to hear the feedback from testing.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment