Sunday, July 27, 2014

Carl Edwards will not return to Roush Fenway Racing in 2015


   Roush Fenway Racing confirmed its 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver lineup on Sunday and as many expected it will not include Carl Edwards.

   Greg Biffle will continue to drive the No. 16 Ford, Trevor Bayne will drive the No. 6 Ford and Ricky Stenhouse will drive the No. 17 Ford. 

   Edwards will not return to the organization but many reports have him joining Joe Gibbs Racing next season with an official announcement coming in the next month or so.

   "I will always be thankful for Carl’s contribution and the role he played in many Roush Fenway wins and championships,” said team co-owner Jack Roush. “We wish him well for the future.  In the meantime, we are excited about continuing our quest for a championship with Carl and the No. 99 team in 2014.”

   Biffle, who has 746 NASCAR starts, first joined Roush Fenway in 1998, and earned the organization its first NASCAR championships in the NASCAR Truck Series in 2000 and in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) in 2002. He has qualified for the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup in five of the last six seasons; with a runner-up finish in 2005. Of his 55 NASCAR wins, 19 came in the NSCS, including Ford’s 1,000th NASCAR victory last year.

   “I don’t have the words for what Jack Roush has meant to my career,” said Biffle. “During our 16 years together, we have won multiple championships and numerous races on every level.  I am as excited about what the future holds for me here as I am about what we have been able to accomplish in the past."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment