Friday, November 29, 2013
A slew of NASCAR celebrities' cars on display this weekend in Davidson
Hundreds of classic, custom, and celebrity cars will roll into the Ingersoll Rand corporate campus in Davidson, N.C. on Saturday, Nov. 30 of Thanksgiving weekend for the inaugural AmeriCarna LIVE Car Show presented by Ingersoll Rand and MSC Industrial Supply Co.
A celebrity car show to support IGNITE, a new community center in Davidson for young adults with high functioning autism (HFA) or Asperger's Syndrome (AS). IGNITE, founded by former championship crew chief Ray Evernham, offers activities, skills training, and educational workshops that will foster social, financial, educational, and employment independence for its members.
The featured cars include:
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. - 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
· Tony Stewart – 1956 Chevrolet Custom Pickup Truck
· Jimmie Johnson – 1967 Chevrolet Camaro
· Kasey Kahne – Sprint car driven by Daryn Pittman that won the 2013 World of Outlaws Championship
· Rusty Wallace – 1978 Chevrolet Corvette
· Jeff Gordon – 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
· Rick Hendrick – 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
· Ray Evernham – 1940 Ford Moonshine Car, 1964 Plymouth Belvedere Fury, 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger, Marty Robbins’ 1964 Plymouth Late Model Belvedere Fury
Some of the celebrity owners, including Evernham and Rusty Wallace, will attend the event. The celebrity car show also will feature live music from local bands. Other event features include silent auction, local food vendors, and activity area for kids.
The car show is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Spectator admission is $5 per person. The car show awards will be presented at approximately 2:30 p.m.