Friday, April 5, 2013

Joey Logano is not going to change the way he drives


Part of NASCAR driver Joey Logano's question and answer session behind his hauler Friday at Martinsville Speedway:

Q: Do you think you have to change the way you drive? Logano: “No, I’m not going to change the way I drive. I don’t feel like I do anything that’s really disrespectful to other drivers out there. I race really hard. I’m fine with being known as a hard racer. That’s OK with me.”

Q: Denny said you needed more patience. Do you agree? Logano: “Everyone has their opinion. I feel like I have plenty of patience behind the wheel. I feel that I have enough racing experience and enough racing savvy to know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em.”

Q: Mark Martin said you're not a guy who goes out looking for trouble. How have you dealt with this? Logano: “I don’t look for trouble, but I’m also not here to get walked on either. There’s a fine line of how you’re going to earn that respect. There are certain ways to handle every situation. I’m not a guy that’s going to look for trouble, but I’m also the guy that’s not going to get walked on.”

Q: Do you think you're trying too hard to prove yourself? Logano: "No, I don’t feel like I need to prove myself. I want to go out and win races. If that’s proving yourself, OK then that’s what it is, but I’m out here to win races just like everyone else is and I’m going to race hard to do that.”

1 comment:

  1. Which means he's going to wreck more, finish less, and ultimately become the next Bobby Hillin Jr.

    ReplyDelete