Friday, March 15, 2013

Would Danica Patrick give Formula One a try?


   Danica Patrick was asked Friday if she would consider giving Formula One racing a try in her career, or perhaps at least take part in a test. The question has come up previously and Patrick again did not seem to indicate any serious interest.

    In an interview prior to this weekend's season opener at Australia, Ecclestone was asked whether Formula One would soon have a female driver on par with Patrick. He said he thought the series had the appeal to lure Patrick from the Sprint Cup Series.

    Here was Patrick's response:

   “I’ve always said that unless that it would be something I would want to do for real, as in race a Formula One car, I don’t see any point in testing it. It is a lot or work to get fitted in the car comfortable enough to go drive it. Then as a driver, for me at least, I run the risk of what if it doesn’t go well, and then people judge me for that. So, unless it was something that I was really serious, I wouldn’t do it. I will say that Bernie (Ecclestone, president and CEO of Formula One Management) over the years has actually sent a lot of messages. Any kind of big high point that happens in my career, whether it be at Indy, or Daytona now, or winning in Japan – things like that, he has sent messages. He even sent me like a big picture one time that was signed by him. He’s actually been really nice. I don’t necessarily think that his comments a long while back are representative of his opinion of me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment