Fox Sports Media Group made official on Tuesday its plans to change the current Speed Channel over to Fox Sports 1, a new, national, multi-sport network. The change will take effect on Saturday, Aug. 17.
Currently, Speed hosts an abundance of NASCAR-related programming. Some of that will change, but many of the bigger changes won't take effect until after 2013.
The following are "programming highlights" Fox provided for NASCAR coverage on the new Fox Sports 1:
- Select NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races as soon as 2015 (the exact number was not disclosed).
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races.
- NASCAR Sprint All-Star race.
- All Daytona Speedweeks events leading up to the Daytona 500 including: Daytona 500 qualifying, Sprint Unlimited at Daytona (2014, 2017-22) and the Budweiser Duel, now in prime time; Cup and Truck series practice and qualifying sessions.
- NASCAR RaceDay, providing pre- and post-race coverage.
- NASCAR Victory Lane, a weekly wrap-up show.
- Race Hub, a daily mid-day studio show with the latest from drivers, owners and garages.