Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bruton Smith: Just say no to start-and-park teams


   Add Speedway Motorsports Chairman Bruton Smith to those who would like to see an end to the practice in NASCAR of start-and-park racing - a term which refers to teams that run a handful of laps and park just to collect a portion of the race purse.

   “Start-and-park should not be a part of what we do,” Smith said on Tuesday. “I think it’s derogatory toward our sport. I’m going to try my best – and I hope you’ll join me – to see if NASCAR can do something about this. It certainly isn’t adding anything to our sport, and it certainly takes away.”

   He then asked media in the room to use their influence to put an end to the practice.


2 comments:

  1. Bruton, you want to do something about - do what Dave Marcis always told you to do - "pay a better damned purse." Make it worth their while to RACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. មានចំណាប់អារម្មណ៍សូមទាក់ទងតាមតេឡេក្រាម
    @lkobetv1

    ReplyDelete