Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kyle Busch provides blow-by-blow of Darlington postrace

   Kyle Busch was very willing to discuss the aftermath of Saturday night's Southern 500 and  his run-in with Kevin Harvick. After tangling on the track, the drivers took their feud to pit road.

   Both drivers were called to the NASCAR hauler for a discussion of their postrace actions. Here is Busch's description of the events:

   “After the race I was just kind of cooling down and talking to Dave (Rogers, crew chief) on the radio about that I wanted to talk to him in the hauler about something and I see the (Kevin) Harvick car -- the 29 come up flying up on my inside through three and four. Instead of going to pit road I thought he was going to force me into the inside of the pit road wall so I gave myself a little bit of room and turned up to go back up onto the race track like I would for another cool down lap and he followed me. When he pulled up next to me, I tried to back up. I put my car in reverse and tried to back up and I blew reverse out of the transmission. I tried to back up too fast and the transmission gears are so light that they can’t take that kind of abuse. Blew reverse out so then I had to pull forward and kind of do a U-turn to get back to pit road.

   "I was just trying to get away from the situation with Harvick and unfortunately he got to pit road before me so I pulled in behind him. He let the 47 (Bobby Labonte) go, but I knew if I tried to turn left or right he was going to run into me or block me or something. I just stayed behind him, I was just going to sit there, not worry about it and let him cool his head for a second and let him figure out that we just need to go back to the garage area. Instead of him doing that, he wanted to get out of his car I guess and wanted to fight. I knew that wasn’t going to be a good situation and when I saw him getting out of his car, I knew it wasn’t going to be a good situation.

   "My choices were limited, I was either going to get punched in the face and then wait for Harvick to get back in his car for me to go or just drive through his car and push it out of the way so I could get out of there and try not to get hit or anything like that. I made a judgment call there and it wasn’t one of the best choices that I had, but I pushed his car out of the way on pit road and unfortunately there was men walking down pit road. I hate it that somebody could have gotten hurt, but I was just trying to get away from it and get back to my hauler and go on with my own business.”

12 comments:

  1. No, the "pussy story" was Harvick trying to attack Busch, through the window, with his helmet on!! Funny too, that he waited until he had backup before he went over. I have zero bad feelings toward Harvick, but his actions were totally CS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havick should have sent his wife she one mean mother, no thats not right,she's just mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he wasn't trying to just get to his hauler and get on with his business, he was running so he wouldn't get his ass whooped which is what he deserves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle Bush will be lucky if he ever wins a championship he is just to cocky and thinks he has to win every race no matter what he has to do... He is nothing but a little boy who thinks he is gods gift to the world and we all need to bow donwn to him sorry he is just a SPOILED BRST and I pitty his wife. He needs to be kicked out of nascar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it odd that KH goes to Nascar's ready room by himself, while KB has to be accompanied by two cops (Speed TV), and a whole posse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NASCRAP should make a rule forbidding all; gang bangers, thugs, criminals, homey's (aka. crew members) from any gang banging activity before, during or after a race! KICK THEM OUT FOR LIFE! This is NOT hockey or the inner city!

    It's not the crew members job to gang bang or start fights or so called protect their driver. Their jobs is to service or repair the car...PERIOD!!!!

    Let ONLY the drivers take care of matters between themselves.

    Crew members=gang bangers & thugs!

    When will any one associated with NASCRAP or race teams grow some?

    ReplyDelete
  7. KB should have been suspended for the rest of the season. No one else could have gotten away with trying to run people over by pushing a parked car over them. But for some reason KB gets a pass. Total CS NASCAR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harvick is a head case. What a psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KBusch definitely did the rt. thing RCR had one blown engine w/ the #31, the #33 was blowing steam not at full power and couldn't get going on restart KH was racing too hard like he admitted and who else to blame but KYLE b/c he wrecked his teammate and he'll never will admit to that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Kevin is the "hothead" and the one always picking fights when something doesn't go his way. GOD I WISH he would pick one with me!!!! As a matter of fact I would love the opportunity to take on Kev and his choice of one his biggest crew members BOTH at the same time!

    It's time for NASCRAP to calm his hothead down for the last time. I am hoping someone will do it. Been by him many, many times in the pits.....Puny and scrawny is the best I can describe him.

    So.....someone grow a pair and shut this psycho path Haveawreck down for good! Before he gets his a z z kicked in front of 100,000 fans!

    Keep the gang bangers (crew members) out of it! Or ban them for life!

    Since 2001 Kevin Hothead Harvick has been associated with 5 of these so called incidents with 5 different drivers.

    Carl Edwards should have taken him out for good when he had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lets see, KH hits the back of KB, hits the side of his car, wrecks his teammate. Hits KB car again. KB takes him out. Kevin chases Kyle around the track stops his car on pit road and blocks kyle, leaves his vehicle (after waiting for his crew to cover his butt. LEAVES HIS CAR in NEUTRAL!!! And this is Kyles fault? He is finally showing some maturity. Kevin should try!

    ReplyDelete